select a region:
Mountain Biking Jobs in the Western United States
- Assisting and/or leading on or off-camp trips, activities, programs and special events.
- Living, working with and having charge of a group of campers.
- Being a responsible, dedicated role model to the campers and other staff.
- Assistant Counselor, Wrangler, and Support Staff positions also available-- email for information.
- Instructors lead activities that include backpacking, rock climbing, mountaineering, mountain biking, caving, canoeing, sea kayaking, whitewater rafting, ice climbing, ziplining, cooking, orienteering
- The six-person instructor team works closely together to coordinate all aspects of the trip, including instruction in all outdoor activities, risk management, managing group dynamics, menu planning, purchasing food, laundry, transportation, coordinating with outfitters, maintaining equipment and handling medical issues.
- Benefits include a competitive salary, a travel stipend, access to pro-purchase discounts, and the opportunity to work both summer (early June to mid-August) and fall school group programs (late August through late October in North Carolina).
- Applicants must be 21 years of age (college graduate or degree in progress preferred), have a valid WFR/CPR certification (or be willing to acquire one), several years experience working with youth and leading outdoor programs and be willing to work long hours with little to no time off.
- Lead groups of up to 12 students in science based classes as well as ropes courses, arts & crafts, and other classic summer camp activities!
- Work with awesome scientific equipment like 3D printers, microscopes, telescopes, liquid nitrogen and more!
- Bachelor's Degree encouraged
- Live on site in an amazing community. Instructors to not live in the dorms with the kids, but instead in attached fully furnished staff housing.